Bohemi Recycling Program

We carefully design our products to be long lasting & durable but all good things eventually come to an end... or puppies grow!
This doesn't mean your once loved pet accessories need to end up in landfill.

               

We use only natural textiles that are completely biodegradable and recyclable PLUS 
o
ur range of metal hardware can be melted down and reused over again!

SEND US BACK YOUR WORN OUT BOHEMI THREADS! 

1. Simply return your pre loved or out grown item/s back to us. You only need to cover the small cost of shipping & we will take care of the rest. 

OPTIONAL - If your metal parts are still in good working order, we offer a discount for you to reuse them in a replacement item!

Get in touch to arrange your return.

WHAT DO WE DO WITH THESE WORN OUT WEARS?

1. First things first, we seperate any metal hardware from the webbing or fabric & remove our label.

2. We then sort the hardware by metal type, once we have a box full, we drop it off to our local scrap metal recycling facility where they work their magic & give these metals a new life.

3. Next we sort out the fabric & webbing. Our carefully selected textiles & thread are all recyclable, biodegradable & coloured using eco safe dyes that won't harm the soil. We compost all of the textile scraps ourself, this limits any further carbon foot printing PLUS it feeds our worms! 

HOW CAN YOU RECYCLE OR COMPOST YOUR PRE LOVED ITEMS AT HOME? 

1. Carefully remove the metal hardware (you will need some super sharp scissors to get through our webbing)

2. Get in touch with your local council or search Planet Ark for fabric & metal recycling options near you. Upparel are a great Australian company who reuse, repurpose & recycle unwanted fabrics saving them from landfill, they even arrange collection from your door step.

A handy tip is to collect the same type of materials until you have a small box full so the trip is worth while. This is also a great way to encourage conscious waste habits throughout the home.   

3. If you would like to compost the webbing or fabric yourself, simply cut off our tag (this part will need to be placed into the regular bin due to a very thin piece of cotton/poly backing). Next shred or cut the rest into small pieces to help it break down quicker. Now scatter the small pieces evenly on your compost. A hot compost will generally break down these fibres in 18 days.

Finally, give yourself a pat on the back! Your sustainable pet accessories have been reused or returned to the earth!!

If you're a composting newbie, check out this great guide to help get you started!   

WHY WE RECYCLE?

On a personal level, we enjoy living a minimal lifestyle, leaving little to no trace where possible. This doesn't stop with our business! If anything, it drives a moral obligation to do even better.

We're committed to providing not only truely sustainable pet accessories but also helping you with the disposal process so together we can feel good about the purchase from start to finish. 

Recycling scrap metal contributes to a significant saving in greenhouse gas emissions. Did you know, making items from recycled aluminium uses just 5% of the energy as making the same item from raw materials!

The fast fashion industry is causing a devastating affect on our environment. Can you believe that over 80 billion articles of clothing are bought globally every year! Sadly only 10% of these garments are donated or reused leaving 90% in landfill, slowly rotting away creating toxic gasses. This isn't even taking production waste into account! 

Sadly we're now starting to see this problem creep into pet accessories. With the fast growing 'animal influencer' craze there's an unnecessary trend developing in splashing out on large numbers of cheap accessories so pets have a new look for every social post or outing. 

Mindful purchasing of high quality, long life products that are sustainably sourced, ethically made & can return to the earth is core to keeping our planet & animals, healthy & thriving. With the ever growing landfill heaps, ocean pollution & overall climate crisis, our individual waste reduction is crucial. Together we have the power to restore our earth!